Principal Software Engineer - Tech lead
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer, Tech lead
Department & Team: Digital
Reports to: Development Director
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
You are an experienced technical leader who knows how to design and implement robust high-performance software. You know how to provide technical guidance to a team. The work is challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating.
Do you want to help us build next-generation communications and customer facing applications?
We are looking for high performers that consistently demonstrate an unusual level of commitment, competence and creativity. Your responsibilities will include technical leadership of multi-component distributed application developed by team of 5 development engineers, architectural guidance, design, development, implementation and testing of components that work within a larger product suite.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to). In doing this, look to describe what must be accomplished, how it must be done, and why.
- Technical leadership of multi-component distributed application developed by team of 5 development engineers
- Architectural guidance
- Design, development, implementation and testing of components
- Design, development and implementation of components
- 7 year of software development experience
- Experience in technical leadership of team of 3-5 engineers
- Communication Skills, Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical requirements definitions and high-level architecture and design creation
- 5 years of programming experience in Java or any other OO programming language
- 5 years of experience with SQL databases, such as MSSQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs families
- Readiness to learn new technologies, languages, systems
- Upper intermediate spoken English skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes
- Knowledge of HTTP/Rest-based protocols principals
- Experience in cloud computing technologies
- Experience with NoSQL data bases
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top