Principal Software Engineer
You are a well-rounded software developer who knows how to create robust high-performance software, and can develop prototypes quickly. The work is challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating. Do you want to help us build next-generation communications and customer facing applications? We are looking for high performers that consistently demonstrate an unusual level of commitment, competence and creativity. Your responsibilities will cover include design, development, implementation and testing of components that work within a larger product suite.
- Development, support and troubleshooting
- Close work with performance testing and tools development teams
- Implement software according to approved design, on time and with quality
- Participate in code reviews and submit your code for review by others, perform static and dynamic code analysis on a regular basis, follow best design and development practices
- Resolve technical issues promptly, help with customer escalations
- Participate in daily and weekly team meetings, report on progress using tracking systems in place
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical requirements definitions and high-level architecture and design creation
- 5 years of programming experience in Java, C , or any other OO programming language
- 5 years of experience with SQL databases, such as MSSQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs families
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes, Jenkins tool
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Readiness to learn new technologies, languages, systems
- Management skills, experience in team management (3-5 persons)
- Knowledge of HTTP/Rest-based protocols principals
- Experience in cloud computing technologies
- Experience with NoSQL data bases
- Proficiency using a source control system
- Knowledge of Java, C , C#, Python or any other languages is a plus.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top