Principal Software Engineer
- Galway, Ireland
The Conversational AI team are helping drive major changes in Self and Assisted Services to deliver better outcomes, better experiences and lower costs. We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join the Conversational AI team, and help build products and services to bring the benefits of this technology to Genesys customers.
As a senior member of the Conversational AI team, you will be designing and developing high quality software to deliver key features of the Product roadmaps. You will be contributing to the overall architecture of the AI Platform. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving machine learning and software engineering to deliver AI powered conversational solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation of key aspects within the Conversational AI portfolio.
- Design and develop high quality, efficient, testable software to implement key product features.
- Bring features all the way through the Design, Test, Deploy, Maintain cycle.
- Understand and contribute to the evolution of the overall architecture of the system and the wider ecosystem.
- Actively contribute input and direction to the Product roadmap.
- Actively participate in team code reviews.
- Act as a mentor to other members of the team.
- Enhance overall team velocity.
- Apply processes appropriately for data security, traceability and information sharing.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or related disciplines.
- Excellent programming skills, particularly in Python.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership or architecture role.
- Experience of designing & developing REST API's.
- Expert level understanding of object-oriented programming & design.
- Proactive, self-driven, and possessing a growth mindset.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture principles and best practices.
- Experience of designing a Cloud infrastructure, preferably using the AWS platform.
- Experience with Bot Platforms or Natural Language Understanding concepts and technologies.
- MSc in a relevant discipline.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top