Principal Software Architect
In this highly visible position within Genesys, you will work to define to enhance the existing platform. You will oversee the product and deployment architectures and high level requirements which will make up this platform, and your background in either software development or cloud architecture will aid in your success for this role.Working as a member of the Architecture and Engineering Teams, you will provide a technical roadmap and software architecture for the components that form various product platforms (Routing, SIP Communications) within the cloud and on premise. This will all take place in a continuous integration and delivery environment where your solid DevOps experience will be an added dimension into the architecture.
- Drive change for technology strategies across Research and Development
- Drive buy-in and influence cross-functionally as well as in the key areas of development
- Communicate as our Subject Matter Expert on all things related to architecture and infrastructure for all things developed in our product platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or related field
- Experience in large highly available, multi-geographical real-time systems
- Some level of experience in data management (modeling, storage management, and analytics (both real-time and historical). This would include using software like Cassandra, Relational DBs, ElasticSearch, Spark, Shark/Hive
- Experience in DevOps culture.
- Experience in cloud technology (IBM Soft layer, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SCXML, VoiceXML, WebRTC, CRM technologies, SIP/RTP, desirable.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work across virtual teams
- Ability to clearly communicate and work closely with customers
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and tasks
- The capacity to innovate, anticipate trends and challenge established practices
- Able to travel at least 2 times per year
All engineering candidates are required to take a brief, one hour test prior to interviewing. The test itself is non-language specific and covers mostly analytical problem solving skills with a certain technical aspect to it. It is technology-agnostic and is applicable to any skill stack.
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-GS1
Back to top