Principal Product Manager
Genesys PureCloudSM is a next generation cloud communications, collaboration, and customer engagement platform that takes full advantage of the distributed nature of the cloud. PureCloud provides rapid deployment, industry-leading reliability, and unlimited scalability, to connect customers and employees in new, more efficient ways.
The Product Management role within PureCloud at Genesys is responsible for understanding, defining and delivering product feature requirements related to the communication and collaboration technologies for the PureCloud platform. This position involves close interaction with Development, Testing, Support, Marketing, Sales, Services, key analysts, customers, partners, prospects, C-level management, and internal technology SMEs. The product manager is involved with their products throughout all stages of the product life cycle. The focus of the job is on achieving results that are aligned with the organizational and strategic goals.
Major Responsibilities/Activities (in order of importance)
- Acts as a SME in Product Management for the entire PureCloud platform and underlying components.
- Works with Development and Product Management to help make platform level decisions.
- Responsible for collecting, prioritizing and translating customer needs, market and competitive input into product requirements that provide the company with a unique competitive advantage.
- Collaborate within Product Management and with Product Development to prioritize features and to create vision and definition for driving the agile process and continuous delivery models.
- PureCloud platform as a whole.
- Responsible for monitoring competitive actions, announcement and activities as well as competitive product comparisons to clearly assess products strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Reviewing and monitoring product development design and implementation of required features.
- Creation of documentation on future product vision and enhancements
- Providing input to Product Marketing on product features and competitive positioning.
- Serve as the internal and external product expert.
- Document user needs in a way that identifies business oriented customer issues.
- Present on subject matter expertise and/or Genesys products at industry events.
- Participate in customer/prospect site visits.
- Mentor other product managers.
- Lead and manage multiple full featured products and projects.
- Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by Genesys management.
Familiarity with the contact center environment and cloud-based software-as-a-service consumption models.
Ability to have deep understanding of complex cloud based systems.
Successfully able lead and manage multiple full featured products and/or projects
Must be capable of collecting information from multiple sources and integrating the information to find creative ways to meet individual user needs while maintaining product value to a broad audience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including performing presentations, and speaking in front of all levels of management.
Ability to adjust communication to the intended audience. A comfort with technical and non-technical communications on the same or related issues is necessary.
8 years' experience in Product Management in a software company or IT department with an understanding of product development and QA processes.
Self starting, ability to work without supervision, takes ownership.
Strong team player.
Bachelor's degree (MBA or technical degree preferred)
Proactively mentors other Product Managers
Extensive product knowledge or equivalent industry knowledge. Consistently identified as a subject matter expert in your field
Consistently completes MBO's on time or ahead of schedule (for internal)
Proactively takes on additional products and projects as needed #LI-BJ1
More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top