Principal Network Consultant
Principal Network Consultant is responsible for providing technical expertise for Genesys solution implementations, customer discovery sessions, solution architecture & approach, technical documentation and knowledge transfer to the customer and to other Genesys project members.
Responsibilities / Job Duties
In this role the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Consults and assists Customers on their communications infrastructure.
• Supports Customers to plan, design and implement network solutions that support successful delivery of VoIP, in support of Genesys platform implementations.
• Provides Support and Consulting to Customers around Network Capacity Planning.
• Provides Support and Consulting to Customers around WebRTC endpoint deployment and optimization.
• Delivers VoIP Health Assessments, and other such network-related consulting engagements.
• Develops strategies and determines direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies relative to network infrastructure.
• Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with Customers for such items as routers, firewalls, switches, PBXs and other network devices.
• Leads the development of the Networking practice in Genesys Professional Services.
• Provides training and assists with proposal writing.
• Provide coaching and mentoring of Network Practice Consultants.
• Audits network hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines.
• Supports Customers to maintains network security of all network devices.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Minimum 8 years technical, hands on experience.
• In depth understanding of network security, firewalls, intrusion detection systems.
• Prior experience with configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Prior experience designing and executing system readiness and performance tests.
• Prior experience with contact center, VoIP networks and communications infrastructures highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Windows server administration.
• Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP.
• Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
• Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
• Strong Customer-facing and communications skills and focus.
• Familiar with TDM to IP gateways (Cisco, Audiocodes, Paraxip, etc.)
• Familiar with Network Load Balancing platforms (NLB, F5)
• Prior contact center experience preferred.
• Cisco Certifications, CCNP and CCIE or similar certification, desired.
• Ability to do Knowledge transfer with both internal staff and customers.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English and organizational skills.
Special Position Requirements
• Travel will be required, may include international travel.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top