PM03P3 - Product Manager 2
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Title: Product Manager
Location : Chennai
As a Product Owner at Genesys, you will lead complex, technical, multi-disciplinary, product feature tasks throughout the agile development life-cycle for the industry leading contact center product. This is a 20 year product that is trusted by thousands of customers to run their contact centers. As Product Owner you will liaison closely with Development, Product Management and other business stakeholders to coordinate, prioritize and communicate on-going status to deliver on business requirements. The Product Owner will be responsible for translating product road-map into a manageable product backlog, in addition to managing schedule transparency, scope and priorities with product stakeholders.
You will be facilitating conflict resolution, design discussions and be responsible for identifying and communicating risks to product delivery. You will be part of a team of Product Owners who work together to address tasks involving dependencies within cross-functional development teams. The Product Owner shall add value by ensuring that the features produced meet quality standards, solve stated business problems and are completed in a timely manner within scope of project deliverables. Must be an excellent communicator, written and verbally.
- Be a source of domain expertise for the delivery team, elaborating on work items as needed and soliciting additional input from subject matter experts when appropriate.
- Define product user personas and goal work flows.
- Prioritize work items of the delivery team. These work items are likely to be of many forms, e.g. features, defects, infrastructure, and technical debt.
- Facilitate delivery team planning meetings, especially in terms of goals, work item business value, scope, and budget.
- Facilitate delivery team outcome meetings, especially in terms of demonstration of new capabilities.
- Engage with the delivery team in monitoring and reflection meetings, assessing and improving on activities of the team.
- Define the acceptance criteria of work items and validate them against the definition of done when delivered.
- Represent the delivery team in interactions involving stakeholders, bridging any needed communication between the two.
- Collaborate with product management and other product owners, especially on alignment to strategic themes and managing requirements dependencies with other teams.
- Bachelor's degree and equivalent related experience. MBA preferred.
- Understanding of the Agile Development Processes and Enterprise Processes.
- ~5 years prior experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager (preferably in an agile environment).
- Sufficient knowledge about software to bridge the technical and business sides of a software project.
- Knowledge of Contact Center Solutions is a strong plus.
- Good communicator and eager learner.
- Ability to provide T-Shirt sizing (S,M,L) estimation of software development work.
- Ability to understand technology trends and their impact to product road-map.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-GS
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top