As a Penetration Tester you will be responsible for testing the security of the existing platform, as well as new features in development. You will also work in conjunction with development teams to address vulnerabilities and report status to senior management.
- Perform internal/external/application security assessments.
- Write internal reports that are shared with development teams and senior management.
- Track and validate remediation of findings.
- Coordinate third party assessements by customers and partners.
- Act as a consultant on secure design principles and application security best practices.
- Auditing encryption at rest and in transit for sensitive services.
- Participate in code reviews that may address vulnerabilities.
- Understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Strong understanding of penetration testing processes/procedures.
- Experience with common web application attacks, such as XSS, SQLi, RFI, LFI, etc
- Familiarity with common vulnerability scanners, e.g. Nessus, OpenVAS
- Familiarity with common penetration testing tools, e.g. Burp, ZAP, Metasploit
- Experience testing REST-style web services / APIs.
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages to help identify vulnerabilities.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- BS, MS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- One or more of the following:
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Exploit Researcher & Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN), or Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and networking concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with CI/CD environments.
- Programming experience, for example in Python, Node.js, Java.
- You understand the fundamentals and importance of secure code, quality, and performance metrics.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
In her role, Tracy leads all aspects of Genesys' human resources function globally.
Back to top