Manager, Software Development
Don't miss out on a great opportunity to work at the Genesys Markham office. Free beverages, complimentary snacks, foosball and flexible work hours are just some of the perks you'll enjoy. These benefits help us attract great talent, but the technical challenges, the collaborative work environment and the engineering focused teams are what keep people working in this office for years. Join our talented group of young and experienced developers to create and deliver world class Genesys products for the world's #1 Customer Experience Platform.
As a Software Development Manager, you will work in a highly collaborative environment of architects and developers to create world class products in new and existing Genesys product suites.
- Manage a team of local and remote developers (around 5) to develop Java, NodeJS and Python applications using state of art industry techniques
- Plan iterations with Product Management, and manage the team to deliver on-time with quality
- Maintain and improve the development process to follow best in class DevOps methodologies
- Provide technical guidance to architecture and design
- Code reviews (Java, NodeJS and Python)
- Support customers and operations
- Guiding QA team in developing test plans/cases, and with automated functional testing, to ensure outstanding solution quality
- Point of contact to communicate with other teams including QA, Operations, Customer Care, Product Management, Project Management, Professional Services.
- Experience leading and/or managing a team of 3 software developers
- 8 years software development experience in Java or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts and design
- Extensive experience with best practices in software development (code reviews, test automation/unit testing, version control)
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a distributed multicultural team
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of VOIP protocols
- Knowledge of REST web services using Spring framework
- Knowledge of database development and optimization with MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres
- Knowledge of Cassandra, ElasticSearch, AWS
- Experience in managing/leading software development team
We offer exceptional benefits including:
- Medical and Dental,
- Deferred profit sharing
- Open Vacation Policy (Really!)
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top