Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,000 customers in 80 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Summary of the Position
As a Development Manager you work collaboratively with small group of software and quality assurance engineers who are responsible for diagnosing, resolving and testing product defects in the Genesys Engage SAAS messaging platform. We are looking for a person that can foster the growth of this small team by demonstrating sound decision making with an attention to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and manage assigned work appropriately with small team, carrying out assignments on time with the appropriate level of direction.
- Monitor work progress, informing other team managers and/or customers of project status, problems or obstacles in a timely manner.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to software and quality assurance engineers on the team.
- Work with team to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve applications problems using software development lifecycle best practices.
- Actively work with customer support teams to identify customer issues. Perform root cause analysis and work toward an acceptable resolution.
- Provide workarounds to customer problems by developing patches, processes or software programs as necessary.
- Document support and monitoring processes, and troubleshooting solutions.
- 9 year of working experience with JAVA.
- 5 years of working experience SQL and relational database. Oracle experience a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in managing high-performing technical teams
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An attention to detail required balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies within a SAAS architecture.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work well in a distributed multicultural team
- Ability to build consensus on difficult issues
- Excellent communication skills to interact with other product groups and sites
- Fluency in English
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-GS1
Back to top