LG01P6 - Sr. Corporate Counsel
Sr. Corporate Counsel APAC
The ideal Sr. Corporate Counsel will be an qualified lawyer/solicitor, with rights to reside and work within [Australia/Singapore], with a valid legal degree from a recognized University of approx. 10 years PQE, and have an expertise in technology contracts with and strong emphasis on cloud-based services and software licensing agreements, Reseller and Partner Agreements and ancillary contractual experience. They will focus on cloud subscription agreements and all related cloud-based transactional matters, as well as inbound and outbound software licensing and distribution agreements, especially in connection with enterprise licensing transactions. This attorney/Solicitor will be responsible for a broad range of technology transactions and operational issues, and for counseling business and sales units on a variety of issues within the APAC region. To be successful within the organization, the Senior Corporate Counsel must embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish him/herself as a team player who is both flexible and intellectually nimble, with an enhanced commercial/business perspective, and be a Self-starter who can immediately contribute in a challenging and fast-paced environment.LI-SL1
- Negotiating, drafting and closing cloud and software licensing and technology agreements and related matters such as subscription agreements, reseller and teaming agreements, subcontractor agreements, RFP responses, statements of work, direct and indirect licensing agreements, Cloud-based transactions, alliance/partnering agreements, enterprise software and support agreements, marketing agreements, and distribution/channel agreements;
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy and data security-related issues;
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements; and
- Counseling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments, and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and planning, and advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, and specifically the Cloud services, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- Oversee a contract approval process, contract database, contract summaries, and a system for tracking contract performance after signing, and manage.
- Maintain legal, compliance, corporate governance and other corporate records.
- The candidate must possess a law degree from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing with a Law Society in Australia.
- Proficient in commercial and contract law and have experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including Cloud, licensing, distribution, supply, OEM/ODM, collaboration, and strategic transactions.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Minimum of 10 years legal experience required, and gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles. The position requires a confident and experienced attorney with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting closely with business leaders.
- Customer-facing work (e.g., sales and deal desk, etc.) focus is a must.
- Substantial experience with top rated law firm or major high technology company required.
- Proficient knowledge of legal issues specific to the Server/Storage/Cloud Computing industry.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a good communicator, organized and possess excellent drafting skills.
- Executive presence and ability to interact directly with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to navigate, complex legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Must have positive, problem-solving, business focused attitude with good judgment prioritizing workload in fast paced environment, with and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects accurately, on schedule.
- Must be a team player also able to self-start and work independently. Deal/negotiation experience is essential.
- Ability to travel (travel requirements are variable).
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- Ability to work on complex matters with minimal supervision.
- Assist in litigation and pre-litigation activities, including working with outside counsel to develop strategies to defend, resolve and prevent various forms of litigation.
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with internal/external business clients and within the legal department.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to collaboratively work cross functionally with internal teams including finance, sales operations, product management and sales.
- Telecom, IVR, or similar industry experience helpful
- Experience with other international experience and language skills will also be taken into consideration.
- Excellent judgment, confident and comfortable, with a strong work ethic.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics##LI-MP1LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top