Level 1 NOC Technician
The Level 1 NOC position is responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing of Genesys platform incidents in response to monitoring events. The Level 1 technician will be responsible for resolving and/or escalating incidents to ensure the immediate restoration of service. This position may participate in a rotating shift schedule to ensure 24×7×365 shift coverage.
- Performs daily log checklists
- Hardware break-fix, installations and physical cabling
- Monitors mission critical platform architectures, processes and systems
- Application and operating system service restarts
- Monitors Enterprise back-ups and performs tape rotations
- Performs asset management functions related to tracking, inventory updates and RMA’s
- Updates technical documentation and runbooks
- Triage LAN/WAN, CTI, SIP services and general telephony
- Work effectively with internal/external technical resources and customer-facing organizations to resolve incidents quickly and efficiently
- Follows prescribed processes for Incident, Change and Problem management
- Vocational training or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 1yr in a Systems supporting role or Help desk in a Unix/Linux and/or Windows environment
- Proven track record of effectively working in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Exposure to TCP/IP and inter-networked environments
- Understanding of enterprise monitoring tools and SNMP
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top