Lead Systems Engineer - Contractor
Lead Systems Engineer, Contractor, Burlington, MA
Genesys is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer in its Cloud Operations group in Burlington, MA. You will report into the Infrastructure Engineering team and you will help define our sophisticated system, storage, virtualization and application infrastructure at the Core of the Genesys Cloud platform. You are experienced in linux systems engineering and current on linux and open source projects. You will act as a local team lead to coordinate priorities in the functional area of Systems, Virtualization and Storage.
The Lead Systems Engineer will plan and execute future enhancements to storage and virtualization within the legacy private data centers, and support systems being deployed to the public cloud. You will be part of a global team. You will participate in the automation of deployment and remediation of system issues. You will leverage consistent processes and tools to deploy workloads to private datacenter (XenServer, ESX), private cloud (OpenStack) or public cloud (AWS, Azure) depending on business requirements and other factors.
You are passionate about technology, constantly learning and a good communicator and collaborator.
- Support and plan enhancements on infrastructure, to include 3PAR storage, Brocade SAN, NetApp filers, XenServer virtualization, common network services (LDAP, DNS, NTP, yum, chef, puppet, jump servers, apache webservers, load balancing).
- Provide expertise in DevOPS methodologies and tools, and adept at guiding a product team through improving software delivery towards a Continuous Delivery approach.
- Develop chef cookbooks and recipes for consistent server and application deployments.
- Define enhancements to our monitoring of hypervisors (XenServer, ESXi), servers (CentOS, OracleLinux) and storage (NetApp, Brocade, 3PAR, volumes).
- Participate in Operations Agile Scrum process, and manage assigned Jira tickets to completion
- Coordinate and Execute scheduled Change Requests in production.
- Write detailed technical documentation.
- Provide cross-training and peer review in areas of expertise (automation, cloud deployment, continuous integration/delivery, virtualization).
- Prepare and conduct tests in pre-production areas.
- Collaborate and work effectively with a globally-distributed team, employing tools and technologies to facilitate communication with team members across distances, geographies and time zones.
- Qualifications/Skills Desired and preferred:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and provide guidance to other engineers.
- 7 years of Systems Engineering in the context of server HW/OS, Storage and networking.
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x; OracleLinux 6.x, 7.x
- HPE 3PAR 7000,8000 arrays, NetApp 8000 Filers with Clustered DataOnTap.
- Knowledge of Linux application servers and web servers, networks and load balancers.
- Experience with server virtualization, ideally using XenServer and/or ESX, KVM, including an understanding of CPU scheduling, VM performance tuning, software defined networking and recovery.
- Experience with HP c7000 blade chassis and blade servers, in particular HP VirtualConnect networking modules.
- Exposure to converged networking, FCoE and software-defined networking concepts.
- Exprience with bash, python, ruby and other scripting languages in the context of automated deployment and automated recovery.
- Experience writing chef cookbooks.
- Bias towards automating, rather than manual completion of tasks.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with AWS deployments and the varied tools, platforms and applications within the AWS ecosystem.#LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top