The JIRA Administrator is an invaluable role within the R&D/Tools and Metrics organization. This position is responsible in delivery and supporting a technical solution for Atlassian technologies and requires expertise in developing, maintaining, and supporting automation workflows in Atlassian JIRA as well as integrations with various business applications. You will be a subject matter expert not only in strategic vision, design and development but also in the current deployment practices. The person will have contacts within the industry that will allow for continuous updating of industry practice information will be to support our Atlassian product suite as well as other enterprise applications through administration, customization, development and implementation of best practices, dashboards, reports, installation, upgrades, plugins, training, etc. This is a unique position where you will be automating processes, integrating disparate systems, and administering our portfolio of collaboration tools.
- Primarily, administration of our Atlassian toolset
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Using Jira REST APIs, develop one-off solutions for integrations with other tools, automate manual processes, data migration routines and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Implement JIRA upgrades, and partner with our IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- Provide User Management and support for 1500+ users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices. Create and manage security schemes, custom fields and configurations.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user-facing documentation.
- Install, manage and administer Jira add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Develop process workflow for Jira Agile.
- Interact with existing vendors for support and troubleshooting.
- Management of other reporting and collaboration tools in the engineering environment.
- Providing assistance in the management and support of integrations between tools in our development landscape, including, but not limited to: JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye, Smartsheet
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working with JIRA as an Administrator
- Proven track record with JIRA migrations and upgrades.
- Hands-on custom Plugin development with good scripting and programming knowledge.
- Hands-on experience using JIRA REST APIs for integration with other tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in the use, administration and integration of SDLC applications on both Linux and Windows platforms, such as test applications, various ticketing systems, requirements management systems, and software development applications.Familiarity with Java, Apache Tomcat, APIs, Certificates, POSTGRES anMySQL.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog. #LI-SH1
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top