IT Desktop Systems Specialist
- Galway, Ireland
The IT Desktop Systems Specialist will be responsible for providing problem resolutions on all incoming requests for technical assistance on all deployed technology systems from employees of Genesys.
The IT Desktop Systems Specialist will manage helpdesk requests, including Tier 2 level troubleshooting of hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. The role involves troubleshooting and resolving system problems after initial training, with necessary help and supervision from senior members of the team.
Problems, which cannot be resolved by the IT Desktop Systems Specialist, will be dispatched to the appropriate subject matter expert and monitored for timely resolution within prescribed service levels and followed up on as needed.
Many of EMEA's systems and support functions fall under one of the various compliance directives, EMEA must follow such as Sarbanes Oxley, ISO9001:2008, ISO27001, etc. The IT Desktop Specialist will be required to meticulously follow the documented procedures in rendering support and administering these systems.
Support and maintain the desktop and laptop computing environment for the company's UK office and for remote users across the EMEA region.
This includes troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems. The IT Desktop Specialist will provide hands-on desk-side support assistance and be responsible for client computing devices throughout all phases in the hardware and software lifecycle (e.g., deployment, operations/support and retirement of devices). The IT Desktop Specialist is expected to perform the majority of the aforementioned tasks whilst providing a high level of customer service to the users, including executive support.
- Tier 2 technical escalation point for the helpdesk team for issues that cannot be resolved via phone or remote access
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair work on production client computing hardware or software that supports the business.
- Enforce corporate security standards and industry best practices for the desktop computing environment.
- Manage work requests via a helpdesk ticketing system and create documentation for support processes and workflow.
- Investigate and recommend hardware & software solutions and upgrades based on evolving business challenges.
- Provide periodic training or New Hire Orientation as required.
- Manage and maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Perform after hours or on-call work as necessary.
- Routine administration and housekeeping tasks.
- Support and troubleshooting for users with mobile devices such as Apple iPhone and iPad, Android users etc.
- 2 years plus experience of troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English, with the ability to create rapport with clients, delivering a high level of customer service. The ability to communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in an organization is crucial.
- Ability to work under own initiative with limited guidance being required in own area of knowledge.
- Demonstrate aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking.
- Able to work with peers on a global scale.
- Proficiency with Windows OS is required.
- Experience of supporting mobile devices is preferred (i.e. tablets, smart phones, soft phones etc.).
- A+ or Microsoft certification preferred.
- Experience with Mac and Linux OS is preferable.
- ITIL foundation certification is desirable.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top