GL Accountant, APAC
Position: Accountant 1
Location: Manila, Philippines
Summary of the Position:
This role reports directly to the APAC GL Team Manager and includes day to day responsibility for the financial accounting & reporting function in the APAC region, supporting our country controllers and providing finance support for Functional Leaders across APAC.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monthly financial reporting activities in accordance with the Corporate Close schedule tasks & timetable, supporting our country controllers and as directed by the APAC Assistant Controller, including:
- Assist in maintaining General Ledger to trial balance stage on Netsuite (NS)
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations assigned are completed;
- Expense Accruals with reference to open PR/ PO's
- Assist in Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly financial reports and analysis
Treasury activities inclusive of:
- Bank account / Cash balance reporting & reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly Cash Flow forecasts
Local Statutory, Audit & Tax Compliance
- Preparation of local taxation requirements (Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly) in support and direction from country controllers and Genesys' Corporate Tax Team, and external advisers (Income Tax, Service Tax, etc)
- Assist in preparation of "Client schedules" for External Auditors and Tax Advisers for the annual statutory audit, financial statements and tax return and act as secondary contact point for questions / additional informational requests
- Direct and maintain filing system for financial records and supporting documentation (hard copy and digital / computer files)
- All other government regulatory reporting for our entities
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and capital expenditure requisitions
- Monthly Depreciation entries
- Prepare quarterly FA depreciation forecast
- Finance Support
- Assist in maintaining a system of internal controls to meet the Corporate compliance requirement with Sarbannes Oxley Act, with support from Corporate team;
- Maintaining written procedures for all recurring tasks adequate to guide another member of the Finance Team or a Contractor through the completion of the recurring monthly, quarterly & annual procedures .
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Finance & Admin Team members in APAC and the US / Europe .
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Accounting degree and at least 5 years' professional experience relevant to Financial Accounting and Business Tax Compliance .
- Qualified Accountant preferred (CPA) with experience working with a multinational company an advantage .
- Hands on role with broad range of responsibilities .
- Strong computer literacy (Netsuite or similar Accounting System, Microsoft Office suite of products, Electronic Banking package) .
- Ability to work and deliver within tight deadlines and willingness to work longer than standard hours to ensure a task is completed on time when required .
- Displays initiative in the carrying out of their duties, constantly looking for ways to improve processes to promote efficiency or strengthen control .
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers .
- Excellent communication skills and strong English language skills (written & spoken) .
- High degree of accuracy and reliability in financial accounting .
- Willingness to take on additional projects or workload from time to time .
- Mature approach to work and ability to work autonomously .
- Ability to identify areas of concern and raise to appropriate level of management .
- The nature of this position exposes the employee to a high level of company confidential and sensitive personal information. It is imperative that the person who fills this role respects the information they are privy to and discloses it only to those employees and external agencies that they are required to.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top