- Manila, Philippines
Position: General Accountant
Location: Manila, Philippines
Summary of Position:
The GL Accountant reports to the GA manager and will be responsible for General Accounting functions of different entities and other duties as assigned.
The primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares journal entries, process accounting transactions, analyze reports, variances, balance sheet reconciliation in connection with the group and/or entities assigned.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliation and advises superiors on issues and propose timely resolutions.
- Ensures journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, reports and other accounting transactions adheres to Corporate policy, local statutory & US GAAP standards and established controls.
- Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation.
- Evaluates processes and proposes improvements for operational efficiency
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) or equivalent in Accounting from a reputable college or university; CPA preferred but not required.
- At least 4 years relevant experience in General Accounting.
- Strong accounting background, knowledge in IFRS and/or US GAAP.
- Experience in working with a multinational company, BPO or Shared Services, and willing to report in shifting schedules.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to details.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with team mates and offshore contacts.
- Average to above average oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge in developing macro-programs is an advantage.
- Experience in Netsuite, Blackline, Coupa, Celigo or similar ERP system.
- Flexible, assertive, team player with pleasant personality.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Back to top