Front End Software Engineer
The Software Engineer will help design and implement features in a cloud-based web architecture. Must be able to participate in a highly collaborated and innovative team. The Software Engineer is expected to be a results-driven, self-motivated, full-stack developer.
- Work with team members to create innovative solutions to various feature requests.
- Jump into various complex code-bases, understand them quickly, and develop features in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with stakeholders to refine the requirements for new features with an emphasis on creating a great user experience.
- Actively participate in a highly collaborative Agile development process to meet delivery dates and other goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to be thorough and detailed oriented in looking at all aspects of the solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security and compliance.
- Write unit tests and work with the delivery team to ensure quality testing.
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends.
- Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Law
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and reasoning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with software issue diagnostic strategies and creation of appropriate algorithms/changes to address performance, reliability, supportability, maintainability, and extensibility.
- Considered to be a plus: experience in cloud architecture and design, including RESTful APIs, microservice architecture, distributed messaging such as Kafka or Amazon SQS, NoSQL Databases such as Amazon DynamoDB or MongoDB, Caching solutions such as Redis or Memcached, Continuous deployment.
- Skills considered a plus: Java and the Spring Framework, Amazon Web Services (DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.), and Node.js.
- Experience in the full life cycle development process is helpful, including an understanding of requirements, architecting software, designing multi-component solutions, and developing real world applications.
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies.
- Communicates regularly with peers and management
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top