Front End Software Engineer
- Annapolis, MD
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced front-end developer to join our development team. If you are looking for opportunities to develop your technical skills and grow your career, we currently have an exciting opening for you. Developers must be comfortable learning and using new frameworks and in-house programming methodologies or technologies. You will be working closely with UX and Product teams to define visual and functional requirements, and you will develop, integrate, and test alongside other front-end and back-end developers for each release.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers/Architects to establish the requirements for your user interface, often working from wireframes, mock-ups, or prototypes.
- Analyze UI requirements for completeness, unexpected impacts, and potential user-impacting concerns.
- Drive UI requirements through to an implementation-ready specification, complete with accurate sizing estimates and task breakdowns.
- Work closely with QA / Test team members to help them understand the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and what areas may require specific focus.
- Write testable code.
- Contribute to UI/UX design conversations.
- Join daily scrum meeting since we use agile.
- Be motivated to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Be a key member of the team responsible for developing new modernized web front-ends and reusable components for our key products.
- Be responsible for the full development process of these front-end components, including design, implementation, peer review, bug fixing, automated unit tests and technical documentation.
- Work closely with our UX team to create end products that deliver great usability and follow best design practices.
- Use your knowledge to influence the way we address day-to-day technical challenges .
- While this role has a focus on front-end development, Genesys development teams use a wide range of technologies and we value any other technical knowledge that you can offer.
- Rapid Prototyping.
- Peer Design, Code, and Functionality Review.
- Add features for disabled people to comply with the 508 guidelines.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent program.
- 1+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise with web coding languages, libraries, and platforms such as JQuery, Ember, Knockout, Angular, or others.
- Expertise with code repository technologies such as Git, Perforce, others.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and practices.
- Possess a firm grasp of UI guidelines and best practices in UX/Interaction Design.
- Knowledge in trends and best practices understand and stay current to changes in the industry.
- Experience with visual design, keen eye for simple efficient design.
- Experience with localizing applications.
- Expertise with C#, Java, or Ruby.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Back to top