Fixed Asset Accountant
The Fixed Asset Accountant will be responsible for managing the fixed assets for North America. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Review all items classified as Capex, determine the appropriateness of capitalizing, verify the capitalization category, and assign when the items are put into production.
- Run monthly depreciation and prepare related journal entries.
- Gather data on disposals and prepare any necessary asset disposal journal entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary reports with the GL by entity and by classification.
- Review and analyze items in WIP account and follow up on outstanding items.
- Substantiate Capex purchases $50K or higher each quarter.
- Perform annual fixed asset impairment test, seeking out feedback from the business to ensure we dispose any items that are no longer being used, were damaged, sold, etc.
- Accrue capex items where the invoice was not received, but there is goods receipt confirmation in the system.
- Accrue capex items where the invoice was not received, and there is not good receipt in the system, but after reviewing the Open PO report and contacting the end user, it's determined that the goods have been physically received.
- Prepare monthly rollforward of fixed asset activity, ensuring it ties to the GL.
- Prepare fixed asset schedules for the external audit.
- Assist with preparation of footnotes related to fixed assets.
- Assist with inventory procedures as needed.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 2 year's managing fixed assets.
- Strong initiative.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and other departments.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Must be detailed and accurate and enjoy doing highly detailed work.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using excel.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top