EN09T3 - Sr. RFP Technical Writer
About us: Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 10K customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 25 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Seeking a team-oriented and results-driven individual with well-developed written and communication skills, to join a global team of proposal managers & technical writers. This experienced person understands how to take complex material and explain technical concepts clearly, concisely and logically. The ability to demonstrate a persuasive writing style that will generate interest in the Genesys solutions is a critical asset. This person will be accountable to the proposal team to assist in delivering professional, impactful proposals for the Global Sales Organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver competitive, high-quality proposals to Genesys prospects & customers
- Acquire and organize technical source material for the creation of proposals
- Participate in the RFP Life Cycle which includes: kick-off meetings, analysis of requirements & strategy development, risk assessment/mitigation, and development of the Genesys value proposition specific to the requirements of prospects
- Interact with Genesys subject matter experts to complete business & technical responses
- Work with Product Management and Product Marketing teams to ensure appropriate content is captured into RFP response database
- Work cooperatively with other technical writing staff to ensure appropriate coverage of all active proposals
- Continually seek to improve existing content & processes
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Genesys solutions and products in order to produce quality & timely responses
- Follow corporate style guides to ensure a global consistent look and feel for proposals
Required Skills and Experience:
Required: Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field plus 2-5 years of experience
- Required languages: English
- Languages – Spanish, French, German, Mandarin (Spoken) and Chinese Simplified (written) are nice to have
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Detail oriented with problem solving skills
- Manage time effectively and work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to motivate cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office and publishing tools (Adobe)
- Experience in working with complex technical solutions - including familiarity with contact-center software, telecommunications technology and standards, network-based solutions
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top