EN06T3 - Sr. Software Engineer
About us: Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Location: Chennai (Designer Dev)
We are seeking Lead Engineer who have passion and energy for Development with proven academic record. Candidates should demonstrate traits of the various aspects of design, development and testing of CX Products
As a contract software engineer at Genesys, you will work with local and remote teams to develop a best of breed, sophisticated, and easy to use web based drag and drop IDE. This product is implemented as a set of microservices using the MEAN stack. It is used by Genesys cloud customers to write applications that handle voice calls, connect callers to best matched agents using advanced algorithms and enable applications like phone surveys and will soon handle channels like email, chat and social media. You will learn and work with Genesys Designer which provides drag and drop development, and an easy to understand workflow with management of all associated resources in a single UI. You will work with the latest technologies, integrate with and consumer cloud based services, and come up with easy to use and elegant solutions to complex problems in the fast paced and rapidly evolving Genesys cloud.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Should have an experience of 6-7 years in software industry
- Should be willing to master new technologies quickly
- Analyze new feature requirements, design and implement a web based application development IDE-like product using the MEAN stack
- Work in a larger distributed team and collaborate during design, implementation and testing
- Support customer care group as they debug customer problems in your area of expertise
- Undergrad in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 1 years experience in developing high performance services using Node.js and Angular.js
- Team player with good communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Linux command line
- Experience with writing tests for Node.js using Mocha, Chat, nodeunit or other tools
- At least one project experience following Agile development methodology
- Very good knowledge of HTTP protocol and integration with RESTful web services.
- PHP experience
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top