EN06T2 - Software Engineer
About us: Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Job Description (Composer Dev)
As a software engineer, you will work with local and remote teams to develop a highly sophisticated and powerful Eclipse based IDE used by Genesys customers to write application that handle voice calls, emails, chat, social media and other types of interactions. The IDE enables easy integration with other Genesys products and third-party services while enabling all aspects of the development workflow. It provides capabilities like source control integration, drag and drop development, live graphical and code debugging, code previews, testing and remote deployment. You will work with a wide range of technologies and come up with simple and elegant solutions to complex problems in the fast evolving contact center space.
- Analyze new feature requirements and enhancements to existing features
- Interact closely with multiple teams to design, implement feature and support QA during testing.
- Help customer care troubleshoot customer issues
Skills and Requirements
- Undergrad in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 1-2 years of Java experience developing enterprise applications
- Good knowledge of JSP, Tomcat, IIS, HTTP Protocol
- Any experience in developing Eclipse plugins, model driven development and software life cycle will be a huge plus
- Exposure to Oracle, SQLServer databases usage and SOAP web services client creation from Java will be a plus
- Team player with good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience with writing tests for Node.js using Mocha, Chat, nodeunit or other tools
- At least one project experience following Agile development methodology
- Very good knowledge of HTTP protocol and integration with RESTful web services
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top