Director, APAC Assistant Controller
Position: Director, APAC Assistant Controller
Location: Manila, Philippines
Reporting to the Vice President Finance for APAC, this role is focused on the day to day responsibility for management of the financial accounting & reporting function in APAC for effective Corporate and Local reporting and compliance.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monthly financial reporting activities in accordance with the Corporate Close schedule tasks & timetable ensuring the team completes all tasks including:
o Maintaining General Ledger to trial balance stage on Netsuite (NS)
o Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed;
o Bank account / Cash balance reporting
o Interunit Balance reporting and issue of Interunit debit and credit memos
o Transfer pricing journals
o Expense Accruals with reference to open PR/ PO's
o Monthly financial reports and analysis
• Treasury activities inclusive of:
o Cash payments processing including monthly payroll
o Preparation of Cash Flow forecasts
o Management of cash balances & bank reconciliations
o Manage local banking relationship with CitiBank, our worldwide Banker, and local Bank for tax remittances
• Local Statutory, Audit & Tax Compliance
o Management of local taxation requirements for all APAC operating entities with support and direction from the Corporate Tax Team, VP Finance and external advisers (Income Tax, Service Tax, etc) for timely compliance
o Manage External Corporate Audit and ensure timely completion of the annual statutory audits, financial statements & related lodgments
• Establish and Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure APAC contributes to the overall Corporate compliance with Sarbannes Oxley Act, working closely with the Corporate team;
• Manage and develop the local controllers, GL team and other Finance team members to ensure the team continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of the business and their individual careers
• Manage APAC Revenue Accounting team
• Responsibility for managing the APAC Fixed Assets Register
• Close collaboration with APAC Finance Shared Services team to drive process improvements in areas such as Payroll, AP and AR, leading to more accurate and timely financial reporting
• Finance Support
o Provide Finance support to APAC Functional Leaders
o Ensure Finance function provides an effective service to the APAC operations
o Ensure maintenance of written procedures for all recurring tasks adequate to guide another member of the Finance Team or a Contractor through the completion of the recurring monthly, quarterly & annual procedures
o Build and maintain effective working relationships with Finance & Admin Team members and in the US / Europe and cross functional relationships within APAC
• Deliver world-class customer service to all Genesys functions served by APAC Finance, which includes maintaining high expectations for professionalism and integrity.
• Professional mentoring and development of team.
• Recruitment and retention of world class talent, including management of new talent pipeline.
• Promotes and maintains responsibility and overall accountability for the internal control environment, accurate transactional processing in compliance with SOX requirements (e.g. Quality Control), and accurate, timely financial data.
• Leads and manages the technical and interpersonal skills training requirements for the APAC Controllership team members.
• Leads and manages the business process improvement activities within the APAC Controllership.
• Leads and manages the APAC Controllership month-end, quarterly, and year-end close activities in accordance with the Corporate financial planning and reporting calendar.
• Supports the consolidation and reporting team in preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
• Supports development of and enforces compliance with accounting and/or Company policies.
• Support internal, external and other regulatory audit requirements.
• Serves as GAAP subject matter expert for APAC Controllership.
• Coordinates with other regions to implement global standardized processes.
• Minimum degree of BA, BBA or equivalent degree in finance or accounting.
• CPA or equivalent certification.
• 10+ years of experience in a financial role with 7+ years in a managerial role.
• Exposure to a prior APAC role, SOX compliance or managing a multicultural team an advantage
• Must be able to travel within region and to US
• Strong computer literacy (Netsuite or similar Accounting System, Cognos, Microsoft Office suite of products, Electronic Banking package)
• Ability to work and deliver within tight deadlines and willingness to work longer than standard hours to ensure a task is completed on time when required
• Displays initiative in the carrying out of their duties, constantly looking for ways to improve processes to promote efficiency or strengthen control
• Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers
• Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
• Ability to work effectively within and manage a team
• High degree of accuracy and reliability in financial accounting
• Willingness to take on additional projects or workload from time to time
• Mature approach to work and ability to work autonomously
• Ability to identify areas of concern and raise to appropriate level of management
• The nature of this position exposes the employee to a high level of company confidential and sensitive personal information. It is imperative that the person who fills this role respects the information they are privy to and discloses it only to those employees and external agencies that they are required to.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top