The DevOps Engineer will design, build, and maintain innovative solutions to support the rapidly changing needs of the R&D organization. Dive into a variety of potentially unfamiliar domains of expertise and look for creative ways to apply new technologies to solve the day-to-day challenges of the organization. Must be self-motivated and results driven, able handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and have the ability to take ownership of projects and think outside the box. Need to be familiar with DevOps concepts and have a basic understanding of CI/CD practices.
- Work independently or with team members across the organization to design and create innovative solutions to various infrastructure, application, process, and automation challenges.
- Jump into various complex DevOps areas, understand them quickly, and develop features in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with stakeholders to refine the requirements for new features with an emphasis on creating a great user experience.
- Recommend solutions / approaches / architectures / technologies to address our DevOps needs, including continuous deployment, instance provisioning, system/application/network monitoring, etc.
- Implement or work with others to implement scripts, utilities, and the workflows that utilize them.
- Demonstrate the ability to be systematic and detail-oriented in looking at all aspects of a solution.
- Administer and troubleshoot complex hardware and software solutions while constantly looking for ways to automate or improve those systems.
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science/Technology field or related work experience.
Strong, demonstrable experience with writing reusable scripts or tools in one or more automation languages (PowerShell preferred).
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and then be able to evalutate which ones to recommend for which jobs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft systems administration/troubleshooting, Active Directory, Hyper-V or VMware virtualization, and basic TCP/IP network administration.
- The ability to troubleshoot and analyze. Must be able to dig into issues and problems and then escalate or solve them appropriately.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and reasoning skills.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.
Skills Considered a Plus:
- Eperience with Linux systems administration and troubleshooting is a large plus.
- Experience working with a CI/CD Pipeline, including: version control (Perforce or Git), build & CI tools (Jenkins, Pulse, Rake), automated testing frameworks, and system configuration tools (PowerShell DSC, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Familiarity with deploying or managing Cisco UCS, NetApp Storage, or System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Any experience with Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, or Red Hat OpenStack
- Communicates regularly with peers, colleagues and management.
- Uses computer frequently.
- Sits at desk 80% of the work day
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- This position is NOT eligible for sponsorship.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top