Development Support Engineer
Development Support Engineer
The Developer Support Engineer is a unique and exciting opportunity to join one of the worlds largest independently owned software and SaaS providers. The Developer Support Engineer will have the opportunity to work directly with developers and Genesys APIs to create new and innovative applications. This role requires prior experience interfacing with 3rd party developers and customers directly. This is not a role for a pure developer that is not comfortable working with customers and vendors or management personnel. You will help spread the word about the Genesys platform, inspire developers to do more with our core capabilities and data, and help build a developer community.
Your mission will be to make it easy and enjoyable to work with our Platform SDK and Genesys Web Services to build fun and useful things. You will write useful example code and create sample starter projects, connect with and help developers already building for our API, identify and articulate problems preventing people from building for Genesys.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Genesys professional services and 3rd-party developers to troubleshoot their integration with Genesys APIs and implementation of Genesys developer-oriented products. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Write sample code as needed.
- Provide feature explanation and coding best practices.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community.
- Moderate the Developer Support Portal.
- Test and certify 3rd party applications for use on the Genesys CX platform.
Qualifications/Skills Desired and Preferred:
- BS in Computer Science or related field is a plus
- Strong background and solid understanding of Genesys Products, in particular Genesys Platform SDK. Must have at least 5 years prior experience with the Genesys product line, either as an SI, professional services engineer, or directly in Genesys R&D.
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts and languages.
- Understanding of REST and SOAP web-based services, with a working knowledge of WSDL interpretation, generation, and consumption.
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.
- Basic familiarity with database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving expertise.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top