Desktop Systems Specialist
The IT Desktop Specialist will be responsible for providing problem resolution on all incoming requests for technical assistance on all deployed technology systems from employees of Genesys.
Manage helpdesk requests, including tier 2 level troubleshooting of hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. Troubleshooting and resolving system problems after initial training, with necessary help and supervision from senior members of a team.
Problems, which cannot be resolved by the IT Desktop Specialist, will be dispatched to the appropriate subject matter expert and monitored for timely resolution within prescribed service levels and followed up on as needed.
Many of our systems and support functions fall under one of the various compliance directives we must follow such as Sarbanes Oxley, ISO9001:2008, ISO27001, etc. The candidate will be required to meticulously follow our documented procedures in rendering support and administering these systems.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to)
- Support and maintain the desktop computing environment for the company's UK office and for remote users across the EMEA region, including troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems
- Provide hands-on desk-side support assistance and be responsible for client computing devices though all phases in the hardware and software lifecycle (e.g., deployment, operations/support and retirement of devices)
- Perform the majority of the mentioned tasks while providing a high level of customer service to the users which also includes executive support
- Tier 2 technical escalation point for the Helpdesk Team for issues that cannot be resolved via phone or remote access
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair work on production client computing hardware or software that supports the business
- Enforce corporate security standards and industry best practices for the desktop computing environment.
- Manage work requests via a Helpdesk ticketing system and create documentation for support processes and workflow
- Investigate and recommend hardware & software solutions & upgrades based on evolving business challenges
- Provide periodic training or New Hire Orientation as required
- Manage and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Perform after hours or on-call work as necessary
- Routine administration and housekeeping tasks
- Supporting and troubleshooting users with mobile devices Iphone, android and Ipad
- Communicates regularly with peers and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Communicates with customers/partners, discerns key issues and recommends solutions
- Compiles support information from multiple sources and writes documentation
- Travel to other Interactive Intelligence locations for business meetings and support functions.
- Installs/removes computer equipment in labs/offices
- Lifts up to 50lbs
- 3 years of experience with troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills is a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English, with the ability to create rapport with clients, delivering a high level of customer service. Communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in an organization
- Able to work under own initiative with limited guidance being required in own area of knowledge.
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking.
- Able to work with peers on a global scale
- Proficiency with Windows OS is required.
- Experience supporting mobile devices is preferred (i.e., tablets, smart phones, soft phones, etc.).
- A or Microsoft certification preferred.
- Experience with Mac and Linux OS is preferred.
- ITIL foundation certification – Preferred
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top