Desktop Support Specialist
Come join a San Francisco software company that is the global leader in the Customer Experience market! This is a chance for someone who technically strong and has great customer service skills to build a career with a company that has a great culture. You will find an opportunity to do what you do best, but also help innovate and find better ways of doing things. From remote support to hands on work, you will get a chance to help your colleagues in a variety of ways!
Support and maintain the desktop computing environment for the company's US corporate office and for remote users and various locations as required. This includes troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems. This person will provide hands-on desk-side support assistance be responsible for client computing devices though all phases in the hardware and software lifecycle (e.g., deployment, operations/support and retirement of devices). This person will perform the majority of the mentioned tasks while providing a high level of customer service to the users which also includes executive support.
- Tier 2 technical escalation point for the Service Desk Team for issues that cannot be resolved via phone or remote access
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair work on production client computing hardware or software that supports the business
- Enforce corporate security standards and industry best practices for the desktop computing environment
- Manage work requests via a ServiceDesk ticketing system and create documentation for support processes and workflow
- Investigate and recommend hardware & software solutions & upgrades based on evolving business challenges
- Provide periodic training or New Hire Orientation as required
- Manage and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Perform after hours or on-call work as necessary
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred:
- 5 years of experience with troubleshooting, configuring and repairing computer hardware, printers, software, network connectivity and operating systems
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills is a must
- Proficiency with Windows OS and Mac OS is required
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Excellent teamwork skills are required
- Experience supporting mobile devices is preferred (i.e., tablets, smart phones, soft phones, etc.)
- A or Microsoft certification preferred
- Experience with Linux OS is a plus
- Experience with automation a plus
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top