- Frimley, United Kingdom
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Global Deal Desk team as a Deal Architect based on Frimley.
You will partner with the regional Sales teams on large and complex sales transactions to provide guidance and recommendations on deal pricing, commercial structure, and contract terms and conditions to optimize revenue, bookings, and cash in-line with the Company's financial and strategic objectives. The role provides great insight into pricing strategy, sales strategy, negotiations, and deal financials. The role is a customer-facing position.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Lead internal commercial discussions on complex cloud deals, working with the account team and other members of Genesys to develop commercial strategy and deal structure
- Review and approval deal terms in Salesforce (SFDC) and ensure appropriate documentation in quote outputs and contracts
- Conduct financial analysis as needed to inform deal pricing and profitability (e.g. discount analysis, cash flow projections, margin analysis, CapEx and OpEx impact analysis, etc.)
- Lead communication and management of exceptions approval with relevant stakeholders
- Manage the planning and execution of the contract negotiation process, acting as a liaison between the business, Legal, and the customer to drive forward contract negotiations
- Negotiate with customers on commercial and contractual elements of the deal and attend contract negotiations discussions, as needed
- Train and mentor Commercial Strategists to develop deal architecture capabilities globally
- Master's degree in Business (ideally with a focus in Finance)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant customer-facing career experience with a technology company (in a Deal Desk Role, Sales/Field Finance, Revenue Accounting, or Contracting) with a demonstrated pattern of increased responsibility
- Experience working with cloud-based deals
- Working knowledge of software pricing, discounting, value-positioning, and revenue recognition concepts
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Ability to manage large transactions and ensure that open items are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Office
- Personable, energetic, and collaborative
- Travel flexible - throughout the quarter it could be as little as 10%. At quarter-end, this could increase quite dramatically
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics . #LI-CE1
Back to top