Database Reliability Engineer
We are seeking a passionate, experienced and talented Database Reliability Engineer to help take our AI platform to the next level. The Genesys AI platform collects billions of events from many different sources to build an holistic picture of the customer's journey with a business.
We want to build an AI platform that operates at the petabyte-scale, serving analytic and transactional workloads in real-time. As a member of our team, you will be managing the databases at the heart of this platform, and building tools and infrastructure to automate its operation. In addition, you will be interfacing with development teams to deliver features that scale reliably.
You will be joining a collaborative team of like-minded engineers with a strong software development background. We are process-light and rely on automation to project the reach of our small team beyond traditional limits.
You will also have an opportunity to work on the latest and greatest of software engineering trends, including artificial intelligence, micro-services and immutable infrastructure. As Genesys is in its early days of growth in Galway, you will have an opportunity to influence the growth of our culture to ensure it becomes a place that everyone would love to work.
• Administrate large-scale, distributed fault-tolerant databases.
• Work with teams across the organization to ensure database reliability, participating in data modelling, capacity planning, performance analysis and tuning.
• Responsible for setting up end-to-end monitoring and alerting to ensure database SLAs.
• Write and review code to automate database maintenance and operational processes, such as cluster resizing, schema migrations, backup and recovery.
• Troubleshoot complex performance and availability issues.
• Improve technical best practices in a collaborative environment.
• Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines.
• You are a strong programmer and know how to write quality code, particularly in scripting languages.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Strong understanding of networking protocols and database fundamentals.
• 3+ years of experience as a DBA.
• You are curious, self-driven, and ask the right questions.
Experience with or willing to learn:
• Distributed systems
• Docker containers
• DevOps & Agile practices
• Data security and privacy processes
• Cassandra, MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
• Performance benchmarking
• Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top