Custom Solutions Development Lead / Operations Lead
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
- The Global Custom Solution Practice is a global Professional Services team responsible for delivery and support of custom developed software services focused on Genesys products, solutions and off-the-shelf Expert Applications that complement or extend the Genesys line of products.
- Services provided by the team include solution architecture and design, software development, integration consulting, software deployment, customer training, team education, quality assurance and custom application support.
- The successful candidate will work closely with their teams, software designers, quality assurance and engagement teams to develop software solutions for customers using a broad range of technologies, Genesys products and sophisticated integrations that will enable innovation and intellectual challenge.
- The goal of the role is always to provide the best customer experience for our customers and partners.
- In the manager role, the successful candidate will report to the regional practice managers and be responsible for the local development team members to ensure appropriate training, assignment, focus and facility needs.
- The position is technical in nature and the manager will engage in software solution consulting, discuss engagement technical and budget requirements, work status, as well as remove any progress inhibiting barriers.
- Daily functions will include professional consulting, staff work progress and administration; resource management as well as act as the interface for the team supporting Genesys internal and customer interactions, estimation requirements and escalations.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the local the custom solution developers to ensure correct work assignments, focus and status
- Provide team administration for project resourcing, performance reviews, head-count, budget, time and expense management, commission statements and support scheduling
- Handle the team quote to deal process with prospect interactions, estimation delegation, backlog and quote/Statement of Work reviews
- Document and scope proposed solutions. Create accurate implementation effort estimates in collaboration with the proposal team. Develop and review Budgetary Estimates and Statements of Work;
- Structure the team for optimal billable opportunity and attainment of utilization goals
- Provide oversight and leadership for software development, quality, release processes and effective use of tools
- Ensure the team are adequately trained for customer engagements and work activities required of their role
- Advise on annual and quarterly business strategy, financial and project metrics and management reporting
- Communicate within the global community respecting cultural, language and time zone variations
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust working hours to match customer and team interactions
- Maintain strong technical understanding and proficiency in Genesys Product and solution Portfolio and related technologies
- Active management of Application Support which entails ensuring all support cases are triaged, contain timely responses and resolved in accordance to SLAs and agreements
- Foster enthusiasm and creativity within the team to identify new areas of technical innovation and develop these opportunities in parallel with project workload.
- BS/MS/BA or equivalent. Computer Science major preferred.
- At least 5 years of industry experience with 3+ years of hands on management experience in delivering complex solutions/applications in a team leading role;
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into practical solutions on a large scale;
- Good working knowledge of the Genesys products and solutions,
- Working knowledge in development lifecycle of custom software and applications. Experience in managing the execution of services methodologies;
- Ability to maintain excellent colleague and client relationships, coupled with ability to effectively gather information from key stakeholders in order to define solutions;
- Intimate knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and Test Automation concepts
- Good verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with clients and present to business and technical audiences;
- Strong leadership and team management ability
- Technical proficiency in the following is not necessary, but a plus:
- Familiarity with Contact Center operations and the Professional Services delivery model
- Familiarity with several programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, PHP, Python)
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, LAN communications, Cloud solutions, CRM, Service Oriented Architectures
- Familiarity with development support tools (e.g. ticketing system, wikis, code reviews, source control)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Understanding and administration of web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS, Tomcat)
- Minimum BS or BA degree required, preferably in Computer Science / Engineering
- Willingness to travel as necessary, valid passport is necessary
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top