Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development team within Genesys supports inorganic growth by executing transactions and conducting focused strategic analysis. Typical deal structure is buy-side M&A along with various kinds of technology sourcing partnerships.
Since Genesys was spun out from Alcatel-Lucent in 2012, the Corporate Development team has completed thirteen M&A transactions. Several of these transactions have been completed in the past 12 months, including the very recent $1.4B acquisition of Interactive Intelligence. We expect a high level of deal flow going forward as well, likely involving both M&A and some strategic partner transactions. This role can be based in Daly City CA (Genesys HQ) or in Indianapolis IN (former Interactive Intelligence HQ).
As a key member of the Corporate Development team, the Corporate Development Manager will help source and evaluate partner and acquisition candidates in support of the company growth strategy. The role provides structured qualitative and quantitative assessments to support critical decisions, and the Manager will be asked to deliver findings directly to Executive Management and potentially the Operating Committee (Board). The Manager will also help to project manage aspects of due diligence and business case development. #LI-TL1 #LI-LOCS
The position is part of the global Corporate Development team, and will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development. The team is currently composed of 5 professionals, and has global responsibility for the function.
- Significant deal experience with a track record of running small deal teams
- Some experience in negotiating “term sheet” items is helpful, with potential to eventually lead a deal team autonomously
- Ability to manage the efforts of colleagues within Corporate Development and adjacent functions
- The ability to work independently, and to interface with company and outside resources (including investors) seamlessly to collect and synthesize information
- Exposure to leadership within several corporate functions, and a career growth path could lead to more senior roles in Corporate Development or within the operations of the company
- Experience in the software industry, with direct exposure to the “customer experience” market a plus
- The ability to “scout” for appropriate candidates given a general investment thesis around a technology, product, or market segment
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business, accounting, or math/statistics from a top (20) university
- MBA desirable but not necessary
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed an analyst program in an investment bank, private equity or transaction services firm.
- Deal leadership experience in elements of a transaction
- Ideally some experience in synergy tracking and post-purchase business case evaluation
- Deep understanding of accounting concepts related to P&L and balance sheet
- Demonstrated sophisticated skills in business modeling and valuation
- Experience in conducting and coordinating financial and legal due diligence
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in collecting competitive intelligence and mapping market/industry segments
- Extensive exposure to technology industry and enterprise software in particular
- Ability to confidently interact and advise at a Senior Executive level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Travel required: Occasional – up to once a month -short trips – (Domestic & International)
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top