The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the leadership, development and execution of the company's Corporate accounting function and financial reporting. Reporting to Vikram Khosla, Chief Accounting Officer, this individual will be the senior accounting executive accountable for ensuring that the Company's externally reported financial results are accurate and in full compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. The Corporate Controller will work closely with the CFO and senior management team to instill a culture of strong internal controls across the company. The Corporate Controller will primarily be responsible for Technical Reporting, GL and sub-modules for efficient operations and Global Revenue.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Lead global revenue recognition policies and procedures and ensure consistent and standard revenue accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Hands-on experience in managing accounting operations, monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
- Ability to optimize and automate accounting processes to drive a faster monthly/ quarterly close.
- Experience with one or more financial ERP systems is highly preferable
- Assess and report on status of existing accounting and reporting standards, procedures, and internal controls to identify areas of improvements. Contribute to remediation plans when deficiencies are noted in testing of internal controls
- Partner effectively with other finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy
- Proactively lead day to day relationships for Company with independent auditor for the planning, coordination and conduct of their annual audit and other services across the company and their reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Experience with presenting to the Audit Committee on topics of special interest, as well as reviews of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Enable increased level of employee job satisfaction and employee engagement through leadership, coaching, and development of team.
- Advise operating executives on accounting implications of M&A transactions and alternative
Proven executive with experience leading or significantly contributing to a high-performing accounting and control organization, ideally in a software or global technology company. The successful candidate will bring both strategic vision and best-practices to guide the team, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. The individual will demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues and a healthy dose of professional curiosity when addressing business and accounting issues.
The successful candidate will quickly grasp company operations and business drivers and will possess a high degree of integrity and independence. The individual will have international experience working with overseas financial operations. The candidate will have 10-12 years of experience dealing with complex accounting matters, including some combination of public accounting and corporate experience, culminating in a substantial leadership role. A CPA along with bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent is required.
Additional qualifications include:
- Proven success as Corporate Controller of complex global business advising top management on issues relating to financial reporting, accounting, internal controls and financial analysis.
- Significant technical accounting background, ideally gained in a public or PE backed growing software company, including but not limited to software revenue recognition and software development cost capitalization.
- "Hands on" and willing to get into the details to understand business processes at a deep level with track record driving efficiencies to manual processes and introducing automation.
- Demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex financial concepts and technical accounting implications to stakeholders across the organization.
- Proven experience driving change in accounting processes to drive faster monthly/ quarterly close while improving employee engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead the audit process and manage external auditor relationships, including the ability to lead discussion during Audit Committee meetings with respect to accounting and control issues.
- Self-motivated, team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to people at all levels in the finance and accounting organization, with the experience and ability to motivate, manage, rally and mentor the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally and to succeed in dynamic environment.
- Experience integrating M&A from an accounting and finance perspective.
The successful candidate will also have the following leadership and personal competencies:
- Integrity: Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, a reputation for excellence and setting a high ethical standard for performance. Brings gravitas and a well-articulated set of core values and expected behavior and holds others to the same standards.
- Execute for Results: Committed to excellence and able to drive results in the organization. Able to prioritize and relentlessly follows through on commitments despite difficulties or complications. Well-versed in performance management and a strong business partner to line leaders in the organization. Resourceful in nature, and consistently provides practical and creative solutions to business challenges.
- Manage Work Processes: Designs effective and efficient work processes and systems. Figures out what to measure to track progress. Diagnoses and fixes work flow problems and always looks for incremental process improvement.
- Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels across the organization. Highly collaborative and supports open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization. Assembles the best teams possible to positively impact the business.
- Manage Teams: Able to manage people and teams well. Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback. Delegates and develops, keeps people informed, provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Team Builder: An excellent leader and manager of people, with the ability to recognize outstanding performance and build a strong team. Fosters a sense of teamwork and pride by promoting, recognizing, and rewarding individuals who have made significant contributions. Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals, fosters collaboration among team members and among teams, and leverages teams to address relevant issues.
- Communicates Effectively: Writes and presents effectively. Adjusts style to fit the audience and the message. Good listener, demonstrates open and honest communication with the team, respects ideas and opinions.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top