Genesys is a leading provider of multi-channel customer experience and contact center solutions. With over 3,500 customers in 80 countries, Genesys orchestrates more than 100 million customer interactions every day across the contact center and back office. Genesys helps customers power optimal customer experiences that deliver consistent, seamless and personalized experiences across all touch-points, channels and interactions
Position: Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Summary of the Position
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be an integral member of the CTO Analytics team in the Genesys R&D group. In this position you will be working closely with R&D business users including Operations, Project Management Office and Development. The key responsibilities will be to support R&D data and reporting needs leveraging various BI tools and techniques.
Fluent in technology, you are able to assess current technical environment and develop technology requirements and conceptual solutions to meet business objectives.
You are a confident professional with broad skills in gathering and analyzing data, and providing efficient solutions to complex business problems.
A candidate is comfortable working with all levels of the organization, from the executive suite to the front line, and is equally comfortable working independently.
In this role, the primary areas of responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead or play a leadership role in the technical design and development of new processes/applications and integrations among processes/applications for R&D Tools. Collaborate with the key stakeholders to develop Business Intelligence processes, strategy and roadmap for R&D Genesys Organization. This includes outlining specific tactics, project plans, milestones and key performance metrics for moving the Organization towards its information objectives. Contribute to the design and development of the BI environment, including information & data acquisition, management and delivery solutions. Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business data. Commit to deliverables for scope of work and identify timelines for project completion. Provide technical support and assess root cause to production issues while providing effective solutions. Provide adequate functional documentation for support and maintenance. Present and communicate requirements, findings and solutions to stakeholders clearly. Assist with developing and delivering training materials. Stay abreast of new and emerging BI technologies and implement industry best practices.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing BI software solutions including data warehouse design and development, ETL design and development, performance tuning and multidimensional cube design and development. Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent (Master's Degree is a plus). 2+ years of proven experience in Database Development, Administration and Modeling experience using Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL databases. 2+ years SQL scripting 2+ years of ETL development and Talend knowledge Strong familiarity of the BI industry, vendors, products and best practices
- Experience in delivery of enterprise reporting solutions is desired. Experience with Java (nice to have)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative, proactive and willingness to learn new skills. Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized and timely manner Ability to innovate and adopt to different technologies Excellent written and communication skills
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top