Associate Technical Support Engineer - Malaysia
The Genesys Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for using independent judgment to interact with customers to investigate, identify and create solutions. The role is an exciting and rewarding one for university graduates and professionals looking for a varied, flexible, and technically challenging customer care position in a global software organization.
• Primary customer contact and active communication for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems of moderate and difficult nature.
• Use independent judgment to research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls and web incidents in a timely manner.
• Perform System Analysis to identify and develop solutions for customer problems, including hardware, software, or system functionality.
• Analyze and create documented solutions that will be published to a company Knowledge Base for internal and external use.
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and partners.
• Participate in team projects, including the design, development, documentation, analysis, and testing of systems to enhance the quality or efficiency of support service.
• Develop and deploy test systems and networks.
• Continually enhance technical and professional skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Telecommunications or relevant field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
• Customer service background strongly preferred
• Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Experience or knowledge with Email servers and/or programming is preferable.
• Relevant education background of, or at least 6 months hands on experience with, troubleshooting/administration/support of Microsoft window based applications, infrastructure and Telephony/Voice Networks.
• Fluency in English is a must.
• Ability to quickly understand complex software and concepts
• Must be able to follow instructions, complete required tasks on time, and get along with others
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive
• It is a requirement of this position to complete the Interactive Core Certified Engineer (ICCE) certification program. Successful completion of the ICCE certification program, including attending training and passing two exams, is a condition of employment for this position.
• It is a requirement of this position to obtain the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification. Successful completion of the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification, including attending training and passing an exam, is a condition of employment for this position.
• Communicates regularly with customers, colleagues, and management.
• Uses computer frequently.
• Works at desk 70% of the work day.
• Communicates with customers, discerns key issues and recommends solutions.
• Regularly presents product information to customers and partners.
• Compiles product information from multiple sources and writes documentation.
• Occasionally travels to customer and business sites, including international locations (up to 15%)
• Provides weekday shift technical support after completing training.
• Participates in an on call emergency support rotation upon achievement of sufficient experience and expertise.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top