Associate Technical Support Engineer
- Manila, Philippines
Job Title: Associate Systems Engineer, Support Services
Department & Team: PureConnect Customer Care
The Genesys Associate System Engineer is responsible for using independent judgment to interact with customers to investigate, identify and create solutions. The role is an exciting and rewarding one for university graduates and professionals looking for a varied, flexible, and technically challenging Customer Care position in a global software organization.
Major Responsibilities/Activities :
- Primary customer contact and active communication for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems of moderate and difficult nature.
- Use independent judgment to research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls and web incidents in a timely manner.
- Perform system analysis to identify and develop solutions for customer problems, including hardware, software, or system functionality.
- Analyze and create documented solutions that will be published to a company knowledge base for internal and external use.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and partners.
- Participate in team projects, including the design, development, documentation, analysis, and testing of systems to enhance the quality or efficiency of support service.
- Develop and deploy test systems.
- Continually enhance technical and professional skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Telecommunications or relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Customer service background strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Relevant education background of, or at least 6 months hands on experience with, troubleshooting/administration/support of Microsoft window based applications, infrastructure and Telephony/Voice Networks.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Ability to quickly understand complex software and concepts
- Must be able to follow instructions, complete required tasks on time, and get along with others
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- It is a requirement of this position to complete the Interactive Core Certified Engineer (ICCE) certification program. Successful completion of the ICCE certification program, including attending training and passing two exams (two attempts per exam,) is a condition of employment for this position.
- It is a requirement of this position to obtain the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification. Successful completion of the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification, including attending training and passing an exam, is a condition of employment for this position.
- Communicates regularly with customers, colleagues, and management.
- Uses computer frequently.
- Works at desk 70% of the work day.
- Communicates with customers, discerns key issues and recommends solutions.
- Regularly presents product information to customers and partners.
- Compiles product information from multiple sources and writes documentation.
- Occasionally travels to customer and business sites, including international locations (up to 15%)
- Provides Monday - Friday business hours technical support after completing training.
- Participates in an on-call emergency technical support rotation upon attaining sufficient technical support experience.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
See Inside the Office of Genesys
A pioneer in advancing customer service, Genesys is steadfast in its mission of putting the customer at the center of everything. For over 25 years, the company’s innovative solutions have helped clients engage effortlessly with their customers across all touchpoints, channels, and interactions to deliver differentiated customer journeys, all while maximizing revenue and loyalty.
Back to top