Associate Technical Support Engineer
The Genesys PureCloud CloudAssociate Technical Support Engineer is responsible for using independentjudgment to interact with customers through email, chat, and phone toinvestigate, identify and create solutions in addition to interfacing with otherinternal teams as required.
The Analyst must be able to managemultiple customers and customer issues simultaneously while striving andmaintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction. Customer Satisfactionwith resolution on first contact is the number one goal for this position.
Genesys Cloud Support is a 7x24contact global center environment. As such, Support Analysts may berequired to work in various shifts to ensure availability to our customers.
Responsibilities in Cloud Customer Care
- Interacting with customerssubmitting issues using the salesforce case management tool, "My Support" usingemails, voice calls or Go To Meetings
- Primary customer contact forproviding accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems ofmoderate and difficult nature
- Using proactive approach, interactdirectly with customers attempting to isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot andresolve problems using available systems and tools, investigate potentialworkarounds for verified defects, manage customer expectations to maintaincustomer satisfaction.
- Using My Support, with regularupdates, accurately document details of issues, steps taken, follow upconversations, escalations and resolution
- Interface with Subject MatterExperts, following established escalation and notification paths when necessarywhere the problem cannot be resolved through initial troubleshooting
- Participate in a shift and'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standardbusiness hours.
- Participate in the creation of and addingto Knowledge articles, Troubleshooting Guides, FAQ's, and other related supportcollateral.
- Provide analysis and feedback tohelp process improvement internally to the Care team and those teams Careinteracts with for improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Attend training courses tosustain/enhance product knowledge, follow established guidelines for qualityassurance, high level of customer satisfaction, security measures and ensurethe company is represented in the most positive manner at all times
- Perform other related support duties, as required by the company.
Teamwork, Problem Solving,Communication
- Works well with Customer Care Team members, ability to assistother team members in problem resolution.
- Works successfully with expert help members of Engineering,Quality Assurance, Operations, Offer Mgmt., Professional Services and otherteams necessary for solutions.
- Proactive troubleshooting user inquiries regarding Genesys Cloudproducts to resolve problems
- Developing knowledge and proficiency in the use and implementationof Genesys Cloud Products
- Maintains a current understanding of current & new productfeatures.
- Produces well written documentation and demonstrates excellentverbal skills as needed for interacting and communicating with customers alongwith patience when dealing with difficult customers
- Engaged problem-solver who perseveres in challenges through to aswift resolution
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology,related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience.
- Fluent English, possess excellent verbal and writtencommunications skills
- Highly sought after: Fluent Spanish, possess excellent verbal andwritten communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced team environment, cancope under pressure and work to stringenttimelines
- Experience supporting Genesys Cloud products is a plus
- Proven excellence with customer facing activities. Must have apassion for customer satisfaction and the ability to manage customers' needsand expectations.
- 2-4 years of software technical support and/or development orother relevant experience
- Experience with Sales Force Case Mgmt. tool, in a customer serviceorganization, good understanding of cloud based SaaS environment is a plus
- Experience supporting contact center environments, CTI, PBX, ACD,IVR, CRM, Telephony: ISDN, E1/T1, SS7, CAS/CCS, QSIG, Web technologies:XML/ASP/JSP, web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Web Sphere), HTTP
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate solutions tocustomer technical issues.
- Self-sufficiency and a drive to expand knowledge base beyond therequired curriculum.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office,Windows
- Knowledge of Networking (firewalls and security practices) andVoice over IP (VoIP), telephony, and related technical terminology highlybeneficial but not required.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting, problem determination andproblem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive.
Genesys® powersmore than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We putthe customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe thatgreat customer engagement drivesgreat business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countriestrust the industry's#1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys thateliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record ofinnovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only companyrecognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premisecustomer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, andthe Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity inthe workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and otherprotected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top