Associate Technical Support Engineer
The Associate Technical Support Engineer is responsible for using independent judgment to interact with customers through email, chat, and phone to investigate, identify and create solutions. This is accomplished by having a team oriented and highly challenging work environment. #LI-AC1
- 5% - Primary customer contact for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems of moderate and difficult nature
- 40% - Use independent judgment to research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, email, web, and web chats in a timely manner
- 25% - Perform System Analysis to identify and develop solutions for customer problems, including hardware, software, or system functionality
- 5% - Analyze and create documented solutions that will be published to a company Knowledge Base for internal and external use
- 5 % - Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- 10% - Participate in team projects, including the design, development, documentation, analysis, and testing of systems to enhance the quality or efficiency of support service
- 5% - Develop and deploy test systems and networks
- 5% - Continually enhance technical and professional skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Customer service background strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP), telephony, and related technical terminology
- Ability to quickly understand complex software and concepts
- Must be able to follow instructions, complete required tasks on time, and get along with others
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- It is a requirement of this position to complete the Interactive Client Certified Engineer (ICCE) certification program. Successful completion of the ICCE certification program, including attending training and passing two exams, is a condition of employment for this position.
- It is a requirement of this position to obtain the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification. Successful completion of the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification, including attending training and passing an exam, is a condition of employment for this position.
- Occasionally travels to customer and business sites, including international locations
- Scheduled for after-hours support to handle emergency situations
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top