Associate Systems Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate System Engineer to join us in Naarden. It is an exciting and rewarding entry level/ second job for professionals looking for a varied, flexible, and technically challenging position in a global software organization.
Become part of Genesys | Interactive Intelligence's Services and Support Organization, which provides second level and higher technical support for our solutions and related technologies to our regional customers and partners. We are looking for motivated and knowledgeable professionals with strong knowledge and practical skills in any of the following areas in order of interest:
- Enterprise Application Support or Windows Server Administration, Networking and Troubleshooting experience (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP in Windows Server). Relevant Certifications would be an asset: MCSE or MCTS
- Programming in any of the following languages: C#, C , Java, or any .NET language
- Database Administration, Maintenance, Programmability with SQL Server or Oracle
- VoIP Telephony (Protocols: SIP/RTP, TLS/SRTP) and/or Cisco Networking experience. ISDN Telephony (E1/T1) experience is a plus. Relevant Certifications would be an asset: CCNA, CCNA (Voice), or CCVP
Associate System engineers within Genesys | Interactive Intelligence (ININ) Support have an expanding career path within the Services organization. With merit and experience, the position can lead to a variety of posts ranging from technical leadership to engineering management.
A successful candidate will go through an extensive four-six weeks technical training. You will be fully trained in the specifics of the product and up to three skill areas. As part of the training passing the ININ Certification Exams is required.
A gradual introduction to the daily work and role responsibilities will ensue after training with mentoring and management guidance.
- Be the direct point of technical contact to provide high quality Software and Hardware support for Interactive Intelligence (ININ) solutions to engineers from our partner and customer community
- Be part of Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) queue to work and resolve level 2 and higher issues coming via a phone call or web incident from our partner's/customer's certified engineering (ININ Certification required from external engineering)
- Participate in onsite/remote professional and field services activities as required within global customer base (Once fully trained within a product area)
- Participate in emergency support coverage rota.
- Only after engineer's full training
- Recurrence: Approx. 1 weekend out of every 3 months
- On Call working hours are remunerated
- Responsible for staying abreast of current technologies, ININ's cutting edge solutions, and develop advanced expertise in one or more of our technical subject areas.
Travel Requirements: Up to 15% of international travel annually when fully trained
- BSc/BEng or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Software/Telecommunications engineering or relevant field
- Strong knowledge in one of the skill areas delineated
- Must have valid permit to work in the country of employment
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Must be a good communicator and an outstanding team player
- Must be able to multi-task, and work successfully on simultaneous issues/tasks/projects
- Must be able to work under pressure on occasions when customers/partner require immediate emergency issue resolution.
Skill Areas Desired (one or more):
- Experience with troubleshooting/administration/support of Microsoft Windows Server based applications
- Experience with Installation and troubleshooting of Windows Server, particularly AD, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with VLANs, Voice networks or telco carrier networks
- Experience with Gateways/Switches/Routers/Servers software/hardware (Cisco, HP, etc).
- Experience with Telephony Hardware (Aculab, Dialogic, Audio Codes), IP Phones (Cisco/Polycom)
- Experience with Databases Administration/Maintenance/Programming.
- Experience with Software Programming (.Net, C#, C , Java and/or scripting is highly desired)
- Experience with Development or software debugging/support using .Net technologies.
- Experience with Administration, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Deployment of Exchange, Lotus Notes, Citrix, Oracle, SQL Servers, Dialer, or speech recognition products (Nuance/Loquendo)
- Certification and/or Experience with Interactive Intelligence products/solutions is a major advantage
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top