This role reports directly to the SEA Regional Controller and includes day to day responsibility for the financial accounting & reporting function in Philippines and providing finance support for Functional Leaders in Philippines.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Monthly financial reporting activities in accordance with the Corporate Close schedule tasks & timetable and as directed by the SEA Regional Controller, including:
- Assist in maintaining General Ledger to trial balance stage on Netsuite (NS)
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations assigned are completed;
- Expense Accruals with reference to open PR/ PO’s
- Assist in Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly financial reports and analysis
Treasury activities inclusive of:
- Bank account / Cash balance reporting & reconciliations
- Cash payments processing to vendors & partners
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly Cash Flow forecasts
- Management of cash balances and request for necessary funds from Netherlands.
- Manage local banking relationship with CitiBank for incoming & outgoing funds.
Local Statutory, Audit & Tax Compliance
- Management of local taxation requirements (Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly) with BIR in support and direction from Genesys’ Corporate Tax Team, and external advisers (Income Tax, Service Tax, etc)
- Assist in preparation of “Client schedules” for External Auditors and Tax Advisers for the annual statutory audit, financial statements and tax return and act as secondary contact point for questions / additional informational requests
- Direct and maintain filing system for financial records and supporting documentation (hard copy and digital / computer files)
- Company Secretarial Duties
- All other government regulatory reporting for our Philippines entity
Employees Expenses & Travel
- Concur administration and reporting
- Review and approve expenses
- Reimburse employees’ claims
- Corporate Amex administration – Card & Travel program
- Corporate policy and tax compliance
Manage local Purchasing & Payables function
- Raising G&A Purchase Requisitions thru Coupa
- Review and post invoices in Coupa
- Payment run CitiDirect and NS allocation of payments
- Corporate policy and tax compliance
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and capital expenditure requisitions
- Monthly Depreciation entries
- Prepare quarterly FA depreciation forecast
- Provide Finance support to local Functional Leader, particularly Genesys Care & PS team, IT & Facilities team
- Ensure Finance function provides an effective service to the Philippines operation
- Input to annual budget process and explanation of variances in actual performance by Cost Centre and Expense type;
- Work with Local Management team to ensure our business practices in Philippines comply with the Corporate Ethics and Compliance standard
- Assist in maintaining a system of internal controls to meet the Corporate compliance requirement with Sarbannes Oxley Act, with support from Corporate team;
- Establish and maintain local process to support the business operations;
- Maintaining written procedures for all recurring tasks adequate to guide another member of the Finance Team or a Contractor through the completion of the recurring monthly, quarterly & annual procedures
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Finance & Admin Team members in APAC and the US / Europe and cross functional relationships within Philippines.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Accounting degree and at least 5 years’ professional experience relevant to Financial Accounting and Business Tax Compliance (Updated in Philippine Tax laws)
- Qualified Accountant preferred (CPA) with experience working with a multinational company or outside Philippines an advantage
- Hands on role with broad range of responsibilities
- Strong computer literacy (Netsuite or similar Accounting System, Microsoft Office suite of products, Electronic Banking package)
- Ability to work and deliver within tight deadlines and willingness to work longer than standard hours to ensure a task is completed on time when required
- Displays initiative in the carrying out of their duties, constantly looking for ways to improve processes to promote efficiency or strengthen control
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills and strong English language skills (written & spoken)
- High degree of accuracy and reliability in financial accounting
- Willingness to take on additional projects or workload from time to time
- Mature approach to work and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify areas of concern and raise to appropriate level of management
- The nature of this position exposes the employee to a high level of company confidential and sensitive personal information. It is imperative that the person who fills this role respects the information they are privy to and discloses it only to those employees and external agencies that they are required to.
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top