Web Development Immersive Instructor
We are looking for:
Our Web Development Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. We are looking for an instructor to spearhead this transformation through leading General Assembly’s Web Development Immersive course.
Why Teach the Web Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
• Deepen your own dev skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered developers
• Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
• Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Who are we?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Skills and Qualifications
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of web developers.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
• You have at least 1+ years of professional development experience.
• You have previous web development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Teach and plan a full work week, five days a week, for 14 weeks
• Work closely with two – three co-instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
• Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
• Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
• Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into actual web application.
Back to top