User Experience Design Immersive Instructor
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the user experience process, developing the skills and portfolio of a junior practitioner. We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive course.
Why Teach the User Experience Design Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own design skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered designers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Who are we?
"Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series C startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration."
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have 4 - 5 years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX Process, User Research and Personas, Usability Testing, UX Analysis, Information Architecture, Interface Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, Analytics and Optimization, Mobile UX, and/or HTML/CSS.
- You have previous user experience design teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday - Friday, 9-5 for the entire duration of the 10 week cohort.
- Work closely with two – three co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top