Talent Acquisition Specialist
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
General Assembly is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist/Design & Product Recruiter to join our Talent and People team! As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should be highly adept at full-cycle recruitment in a fast-paced and high-volume startup atmosphere. You’ll be responsible for driving a positive candidate experience for all applicants, whether interviewed or not, while partnering with hiring teams on defining competencies, scoping interview process, sourcing, screening and making offers to new team members. The talent acquisition specialist will also be responsible for partnering with our engineering, product and design teams to produce high-quality candidates both remotely and in New York City, handling the end-to-end candidate experience and surfacing and closing best in class developers, designers and product managers to add to the GA employee community.
- Partner with hiring managers to provide timely sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of candidates who meet the requirements and competencies of GA teams, specifically in engineering and product
- Full life cycle recruiting – Consultative requisition kickoffs, market analysis for competitive advantage, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiations, etc
- Identify, develop and maintain a network of contacts and resources to generate qualified, diverse candidate pools for strategic needs in an effective manner.
- Maintain accurate and concise records regarding the recruitment and selection process within our ATS (Greenhouse)
- Manage the candidate experience as he/she goes through the recruitment process. Ensure the most positive experience through accuracy of information relayed and timely response to information requests.
- Direct decisions on final candidates and partner with management for final hiring decisions.
- Actively engage and initiate process improvements as needed.
- Time Management You use your time effectively and efficiently, and concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities. You get more done in less time than others, and can juggle a broad range of activities. You are a serious multi-tasking self-starter who gets stuff done through thick and thin at the rapid pace demanded by a fast growing global start-up.
- Process Management You’re good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient recruiting workflow. You can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others often can't and you get more out of fewer resources (i.e. use every part of the buffalo). You’re systems and digitally savvy in all approaches to sourcing great talent, and are highly organized and metrics driven –you always know where the funnel is, ROI per source, and are creative at solving sourcing challenges.
- Customer Focus: You’re dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers (hiring managers and candidates) and you act with them in mind. You establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers to gain their trust and respect. You display empathy, patience and the ability to help people with questions by being a warm, clear communicator in person and electronically. You have a passion to help GA maintain its position as an employer of choice and to help new teams globally replicate this in other cities.
- Hiring and Staffing You have a nose for talent and guide hiring the best people available from inside or outside. You know how to structure an interview process and ask the right behavioral questions to discern strong candidates.
- Dealing With Ambiguity You can demonstrate that you can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably. You are comfortable acting without having the total picture and you aren’t upset when things are up in the air. You know how to ask the right questions to get enough information to get the job done.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of progressively more responsible recruiting experience where sourcing is required, with at least 1 year specifically working in design or product recruiting in-house
- Experience recruiting designers and product managers and having strategic, consultative conversations with mid to senior level candidates
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse, and sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, AngelList, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated thirst for ongoing learning – ideally has attended some GA programming.
- Multi-state and international experience in recruiting strongly preferred.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top