Student Experience Associate
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYCbased startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, longform courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are seeking a Student Experience Associate. This role will be responsible for student and course operations and seek to find process efficiencies on campus. You’ll be responsible for driving a positive experience for all incoming part time and immersive students, and streamlining all student onboarding processes.
- Owning and iterating upon current student onboarding (welcome email, prework, Schoology, Slack, Github, etc)
- Collect student data precourse and share results with Instructor Management team
- Track and monitor customer service inbox and respond to all student inquiries within 24-48 hours
- Develop a baseline understanding of all GA Education Product lines
- Help facilitate student orientation, including scheduling and sending event reminders
- Set up and implement a collections strategy; ensure that all payments are made on time
- Offboard students by sending letters of completion to qualified students and removing students from incourse tools and resources
- At least 1 year of work experience, preferably in a customer service role
- Highly organized
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Tech and system savvy; familiar with Google Suite
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Data driven
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top