Senior Product Manager
Who we are:
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
Who you are:
GA is built on a mission to empower a global community of learners to pursue the work they love. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who has an engineering background to help drive the vision and roadmap for our Data and Infrastructure functions. Our Data team is critical to empowering the business with relevant, actionable Data and our Infrastructure team is responsible for making common software/infrastructure investments to make all teams move faster and be happier.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a product management role
- A passion for technology and building common software solutions that enable a portfolio of products and teams to build more faster
- Prior work experience building complex systems from the ground up
- A strong ability to internalize multiple roadmaps, recognize the overlaps and envision software solutions that solve major needs ahead of when our products need them solved
- Strong leadership skills to be an advocate for our users & synthesize feedback into priorities
It’s an added bonus if you have:
- Experience working in education technology, teaching, blended learning or related
- A background in web development or design
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Product Manager for Data & Infrastructure will have ownership over the vision for data and infrastructure capabilities to support every facet of technology at General Assembly. In this role, they will be:
- Developing business cases for infrastructural initiatives to make major prioritization decisions and get buy in from the heads of Engineering & Product
- Taking a strategic product vision/direction & translate that into a 3-6 month roadmap that effectively communicates those priorities
- Coordinating with your PM counterparts to plan for system migrations onto new common systems & sync up product roadmaps accordingly
What it’s like to work on our team:
- We balance work & fun - the product team works hard all day to make the best possible products we can, but we also hang out for weekly happy hours, karaoke, team breakfast/dinner, etc.
- We support a remote culture on the product team, but we stay close & collaborating via Google Hangouts and Slack among other tools
- We also bring together the whole team (remotes included) every few months to build team relationships, talk about all the work we’re doing, and go to town on 24 hour hackathons
- We’re open & honest with each other - we have a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
- We’re always learning, always teaching and we know how to apologize for and learn from our mistakes
Position is full-time in our NYC office with competitive salary, stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: 401k, iPhone + cell plan, Macbook Air + Thunderbolt monitor, medical + dental + vision insurance, MTA transit credit and 50% discounted gym membership.
Back to top