Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position reports to the International Accounting Manager and is responsible for supporting the accounting of the international businesses, working cross-functionally to ensure that effective processes are in place to achieve compliance with applicable accounting standards. The position requires an experienced accounting professional, who is comfortable managing multiple priorities in an environment that some would describe as chaotic, while others would describe as awesome.
- Participate in month end close activities, including the preparation and review of journals, and review of month-end results against forecast.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure elimination upon consolidation.
- Assist in reviewing and updating accounting and internal control procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls
- Assist with the year-end international and domestic audits (information gathering and financial statement preparation).
- Assist with the information gathering and reporting of both international and domestic tax returns.
- Assist and lead other special projects as required.
- Ability to motivate teams, manage projects and work under pressure, with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears when necessary, while still meeting deadlines.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on providing timely and satisfactory responses.
- Detail-oriented while still understanding the big picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP with the ability and desire to research accounting rules.
Experience preparing and submitting tax returns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3 - 5 years or progressive accounting required
- Excel Proficiency required
- CPA Preferred, but not required
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Technical Learning
Back to top