Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company Overall by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education in technology, business, and design at 14 campuses around the globe. For individuals, we offer workshops, part-time courses, and immersive programs in topics such as web development, UX design, product management and data science; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are seeking driven sales professionals to join our Admissions Team. Sales at General Assembly involves dealing only with interested leads. Your role at General Assembly is crucial as the Admissions Team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course as well as working with businesses to build opportunities for cohorts and tuition reimbursement. Ultimately, you will be responsible for driving revenue that allows General Assembly to continue to grow, scale, change lives.
The inside sales team at General Assembly is the perfect medium between making money and serving others. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people that are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organisation. Our teams are rapidly expanding and growth opportunities are abundant for those who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader.
We are currently hiring a Sales Associate to be based in the Sydney office.
- Proactively managing and efficiently responding to a high volume of prospective students and businesses
- Owning targets and managing a robust sales pipeline via Salesforce
- Interviewing prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Working with local businesses to develop enrollment partnerships by conveying the value of investing in their employees’ learning
- Hosting and leading in-person info sessions and sales events to convert leads
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise, admissions or recruiting
- 3 year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive personality and drive for results; demonstrated track record of high performance in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Exceptional closing skills while communicating in a welcoming and empathetic manner
- Selling with empathy; understanding an individual’s wants and needs, and tying them into a compelling solution
- Confidence pitching in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
Some background in startups, technology, design or education is a big plus, but it isn't a must. In fact, it's more important to us that you identify with our culture and ethos.
You are an Entrepreneur at Heart.
You prefer the opportunity that comes from being part of a small team to the predictability that comes with larger organisations. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, diving into the weeds to understand your business to its core – yet you maintain the vision that keeps your team inspired.
You are Collaborative but Self-Directed.
You enjoy brainstorming with others, but are independent and resourceful, requiring minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique. At the same time, you know how to deliver constructive feedback to others, and possess a strong point of view.
You are Unafraid of Failure.
You should be passionate and fearless always while keeping the mission of General Assembly top of mind. You believe that prototyping is the quickest way to kick the tires on an idea, and you are not afraid to dive in and get your hands dirty.
As a Sales Associate at General Assembly, you will be working at the centre of Australia’s technology and startup ecosystem.
*This is a full-time position at our Sydney CBD office
Back to top