WHAT IS GENERAL ASSEMBLY?
General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fifth year. General Assembly transforms creators into thinkers through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration. Visit http://generalassemb.ly/ to learn more.
SEEKING A LEADER FOR SYDNEY: OPERATIONS, SALES, DELIVERY AND OVERALL SUCCESS
- As a key member of the city/regional team, you’ll contribute to all operational decisions for your P & L to execute on General Assembly’s overall growth objectives
- This is an opportunity to flex your General Management muscles by owning the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus
- You’ll oversee your local market’s day to day operations including marketing, admissions, classroom experience for education programs, student outcomes, building a great team including local instructors, and cultivating an alumni network of raving fans
- Manage local team of employees with responsibility for spotting talent needs and hiring, coaching and developing high-potential contributors, and managing performance. At the end of the day, you hire great people and keep them happy.
- Draft, implement, manage and monitor quarterly budgets and key objectives. You know your dashboard well e.g. funnel, conversion rates, student satisfaction, team bandwidth, revenue, expense, classroom utilisation.
- Communicate priorities and recommendations to Senior Regional Director to manage and grow the market from a revenue target perspective.
- Reports directly into Senior Regional Director
- KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Drive for Results:
- You can be counted on to meet goals successfully and are very bottom-line oriented. You steadfastly push yourself and others for results with limited resources.
- Use data from numerous sources to improve your campus operation. You keep track of metrics and align strategic decisions with these metrics. Passion for developing a data driven performance organization.
- Experience owning revenue and expense targets in a high growth environment.
- Directing Others:
- You’re good at establishing clear directions and set stretch OKRs. You distribute the workload appropriately, and lay out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- You maintain two-way dialogue with others and are known as a clear communicator.
- Hiring and Building Effective Teams:
- You blend people into teams when needed, and create strong morale and spirit in your team. You love to share wins and successes with others, but are humble about your own. You're known for fostering open dialogue and allow others to be responsible for their work.
- Proven track record hiring and developing strong producers; you manage performance (both stellar and poor) and possess the ability to both relate to and require from direct reports.
- You lead by example– Demonstrable ability to lead and inspire a group of smart, senior level individuals to personal and business success.
- Customer Focus:
- You're dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal (cross functional) and external (students, instructors, etc) customers. You have our students top of mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with students, instructors, and GA peers to gain their trust and respect.
- You understand our mission, vision, values and the link between our brand and marketing, sales and service tactics.
- Proven track record of success leading all or a portion of a B2C business with an onsite customer delivery and engagement model.
Back to top