Product Manager, Education
WHO WE ARE:
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, San Francisco, Seattle, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, Washington D.C. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
General Assembly is a global network of campus communities, providing opportunities and education in technology, design, and business. In each of our programs, we strive to provide our students with a unique, hands-on educational experience in which they learn from teams of digital practitioners. We’re four years in, and looking for Education Product Managers who are entrepreneurial and passionate about creating transformative experiences that empower individuals to discover and excel in careers they love.
You own the life-cycle process of growth and continual improvement of education programs at General Assembly. Your role exists in the intersection of product management, product marketing, and service design. In growing our portfolio of education products, you will identify opportunities through metrics, outline requirements and user benefits, create and manage project plans, and deliver programs improvements designed to delight our learners and move the needle for our business at large.
You will accomplish all of the above by working closely with every team at GA, including our instructional design team, production and operations, local markets and regional directors, marketing and admissions, finance and legal, design and digital product, and senior leadership. You will be the voice, the vision, and the face of the products you manage, making sure that things are accomplished in a timely manner, successfully hit targets, and with all key stakeholders on-board.
Success in your role will be measured by your ability to impact high-level metrics (measured through revenue, conversion quarterly targets) in a timely fashion (measured through project planning, tracking, and budgets) that address a real market need (measured by lead generation) all while working well and closely with others (measured by performance reviews).
- Understand intrinsic market demand and user needs, and work closely with cross-functional product development teams to build and improve GA’s portfolio of best-in-class education products to fulfill those demands and needs
- Set product vision and identify product opportunities, then develop them into a 3- to 6-month roadmap for education programs
- Contribute to setting goals and achieving revenue targets for each program/product line by driving prioritization, improvements, optimizations based on growth metrics
- Ensure product success by developing robust market requirements and go-to-market strategies
- Work closely and cross-functionally with operations, marketing, admissions team to establish clear business requirements as well as test, iterate, and scale programs globally
- Take an active role in broad business development initiatives to identify opportunistic product collaborations or contributions
- Collaborate with team members to maximize General Assembly’s ability to support the development (academic, social, emotional, and career) of its students
- Drive consensus around product decisions using data-driven frameworks, methodologies, research, and analysis
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to receive feedback, align strategy, share progress, and set expectations
- Bring about a culture of continuous optimization of workflow and processes across GA; know when we should drive process standardization and when we can stay fast-and-loose
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Products are exceeding or meeting growth targets
- Product quality maintains a high level of positive review and feedback by users
- Product is on a regular release cycle (there is a cadence around course releases)
- Products are packaged to scale: admissions, marketing, and production have everything they need to do their jobs
- 5+ years in product management (consumer, digital preferredl)
- Experience working in global, cross-functional, and/or matrix organizations
- Experience with revenue-generating products
- Excellent stakeholder management and project management skills
- Passion for education and empathy for learners
- Experience with teaching or ed-tech a plus
- Product marketing experience a plus
Back to top