Part-Time UX Design Instructor
In this 12-week, part-time course, students will build a foundational knowledge in UX design and the design-thinking process as they learn to analyze business goals from a user perspective, implement best practices for common design patterns, and build wireframes and prototypes. We are looking for instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time User Experience Design course.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics:
- Design-Thinking Process
- User Research and Personas
- Usability Testing
- UX Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Interface Design
- Analytics and Optimization
- Mobile UX
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 12 weeks.
- Commit a few hours a week on lesson preparation and planning.
- Work alongside GA staff to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will demonstrate and showcase their UX design skills and abilities.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems.
Who Are We?
General Assembly is a venture-backed educational startup focusing on providing opportunities for individuals and enterprises to learn and level up in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have campuses in 14 different cities across four continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Back to top